this past weekend was the right amount of busy & calm.
some weekends you just need that balance.
there were a lot of parties/events/city things happening due to the 4th of July – but i just didn’t feel like participating this year. i wanted a quiet night at home to really reflect on what the day meant…and sometimes you just need some extra chill time.
friday: Independence day and off of work – woohoo! Ordered some new pendants and chain to make necklaces! got in a few hours at the pool before it got crowded. went to the grocery store, then had hotdogs, potato salad, veggie mix, and dessert with my roomie and our friend Christina – all followed by some movie time and fireworks. it was a good day.
saturday: got up early spent some time with Jesus, went and swam some laps (a 500 freestyle and a 200 breaststroke), and did some cleaning – then maria and i went shopping. we went to TJ MAXX (where i got the blue dress below), Ross, Old Navy, and a few others – ate at one of my favorite sandwich shops downtown (ted’s butcher block), and then had a late night watching witches of east end.
sunday: church, errands, cleaning (lots of cleaning), more witches of east end.
(the art print – i want to duplicate // the bag (forever 21) i just want)
see past weekend photo posts here.
12 comments on “my weekend | iphone photos”
Your weekend sounds great!!! I know what you mean about wanting to just do nothing…I had similar feelings this year!
Do you have a potato salad RECIPE to share? I've been hunting for one forever (no one in my family ever makes it…)!
Your Saturday shopping and lunch sounds like fun too. THAT BAG!!!!
Sounds like a really great weekend. I need to get in a pool one of these days. I'm having withdrawals.
that dress is such a pretty color! & love the jumping picture! ha!
i think like 90% of my clothes came from Ross or TJ Maxx (and the other 10% from Old Navy haha) – that sounds like a day in paradise to me!
Your weekend sounded perfect! I was like you, I really didn't want to do much over the break but relax. Nothing wrong with that 🙂 Oh, and your dress and cat are adorable! I found your blog through Oh, Simple Thoughts and the Renew comments. I cant wait to get to know each other more and meet in person!!
i love love lurrrrve your floppy hat. and that blue dress. you are too cute!
I love that dress! Pretty pretty. That bag is amazing!!! So glad you were able to get it!
That dress is so pretty!!
Love that dress, and of course the jump pic too! 🙂 And that baggggg so cute!
what a fun weekend!! Your dress is so pretty and girl, you are gorgeous! I really looooove your hair!!!
Love the dress!!
love that blue dress! & your sun hat!! 🙂
Oh my! I'm LOVING that dress…So gorgeous! Is Witches of East End good? I saw it was on Netflix. May have to give it a try. 🙂