Cleaning bathrooms is one of my LEAST favorite things to do.
I’m sure I can get a huge raising of hands from everyone who also doesn’t enjoy this task. I do my best to clean the bathrooms once a week but if It’s just me at the house sometimes I let it go a little closer to a week and a half. Those in-between periods are when these Toilet Fizzers come into play AS WELL AS when I have guests over or after any particular bathroom visit.
It just gives the bathroom a nice little refresh and makes it feel a little more clean than when I walked in. Plus, they are pretty and smell amazing.
I’m actually about to have to make a second batch because I’ve already almost used up both jars in the bathrooms.
1 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Tablespoon White Vinegar
1/4 Cup Citric Acid*
1 Tablespoon Hydrogen Peroxide
15-20 Drops Of Your Favorite Essential Oil (I used Peppermint and Lemon)
Silicone Candy Molds (I use these)
1. Put baking soda in a bowl and use a fork to break out any of the lumps. Add the citric acid and stir.
2. Use a small glass bowl to mix together the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Slowly drop by drop add this liquid mixture to the baking soda and citric acid mix. IT WILL BUBBLE, but don’t worry just keep mixing and slowly keep adding until it’s all done.
3. Add your essential oils and gently mix everything together. It will seem a little loose/clumpy but don’t worry it will solidify.
4. Add the mixture to the molds, fill them about half way as once it starts to sit it will expand. Let sit for a minimum of 6 hours but it’s best to leave it overnight.
5. Store them in glass jar, label them, and make sure they aren’t where a child can reach them (they look like candy and can smell like it too!).
6. Drop them in the toilet whenever it needs a little refresh and extra clean.
*I’ve found that it’s easier to buy citric acid in bulk at a health food store. I normally spend less money on it before it goes bad and can weigh out the exact amount I need.