I know it’s been a LONG TIME since I posted about Ocean Shade but truth be told there hasn’t been much to report! During the “on season” aka ALL the time because it’s Charleston and it’s hot we are pretty booked and really only have time to go in to clean the house up between bookings. Now that the Holidays are over we are trying to get a few things done before we start booking out again!
This past weekend we were able to get out to Ocean Shade for a work day! With it being off season we are hoping to get a few projects completed and Saturday was a outside work day of cutting down trees and trimming up the palm trees. I also got some fabric from Amazon to recover the kitchen table bench and the stools. I forgot to snap pictures of those so I’ll share those on the next update!
While working on the front bedroom (non-master) I got a wild hair to move the dresser. The furniture layout has basically been the same for at least 15 years and I felt like it would work better under the window. I moved it there and stared at it for a while, hung up some new art and then immediately fell in love. It makes the room so much bigger and it just makes more functional space out of the at little corner. I have even thought one day maybe a built in seating would look nice there, or even a daybed… I’m not sure. But for now the dresser is working out well!
There are still MANY things I would like to have happen in this space so below is a practical to-do list followed up by some of those wish list items!
- Paint Room
- Paint Dresser
- New Side tables
- Jewelry tray for dresser
- Get mirror & shelf for the wall where the macrame is
- New bedding
- Fix closet doors OR hang curtains inside
- Maybe one day do a built-in bench under the window?
SHOP THIS POST
OFF SEASON TO DO LIST
- Get inside painted (it’s rough)
- New Washer & Dryer
- Remove and re-build back deck
- Clean carpets
- Take updated photos & put on VRBO
OFF SEASON WISH LIST
- New light fixture over kitchen table
- More art for the walls
- Re-do shelves above washer/dryer
- New Owners Closet doors (they are ROUGH)
- Downstairs non-master bathroom – shiplap walls
- Downstairs non-master bathroom – new light fixture
- Master Bathroom – New light fixture
- Master Bedroom – New dresser
- Master Bedroom – New mirror
- Faux plants throughout the house
I also just realized that I still haven’t done a Master To-Do list for Ocean Shade like I did for The Homestead. It’s now on my radar and I hope to get a list out soon because let’s keep it real, the Type-A Enneagram 8 in me loves lists to keep all the crazy organized!