Not sure what all y’all have been up to but I’ve been doing a lot of reading (or listening to audio books) during this stay at home order. I’ve always been a book lover and I accredit that to my parents loving to read and handing my brother & I books. I didn’t realize until I was older that not everyone is a book lover so when I meet someone else who loves to read like me I always ask what they are reading!
That being said, if you have a goodreads account let’s follow each other so we can recommend books! Here is my account.
- Three Birds Renovation – I am OBSESSED with their youtube channel. Each episode is about 20 minutes long and they have such incredible style! I really would love this book for home design/decor inspiration!
- Home Jungle – My plant loving heart is dying over this book. Ahhhh all the plant babies!
- The Home Edit – Ok so I already have this book but it is so practical and helpful for pairing down some junk and purging haha.
- The Southern’s Book Club Guide To Slaying Vampires – This is on my May to-read book for our book cub. I’m pumped!
Little excerpt: Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias meet Dracula in this Southern-flavored supernatural thriller set in the ’90s about a women’s book club that must protect its suburban community from a mysterious and handsome stranger who turns out to be a blood-sucking fiend.
- Girls with Sharp Sticks – I’m all about young adult fiction and this one looks so good!
Little excerpt: The Girls of Innovations Academy are beautiful and well-behaved—it says so on their report cards. Under the watchful gaze of their Guardians, the all-girl boarding school offers an array of studies and activities, from “Growing a Beautiful and Prosperous Garden” to “Art Appreciation” and “Interior Design.” The girls learn to be the best society has to offer. Absent is the difficult math coursework, or the unnecessary sciences or current events. They are obedient young ladies, free from arrogance or defiance. Until Mena starts to realize that their carefully controlled existence may not be quite as it appears.
- Perfected – Another YA book I can’t wait to read!
Little excerpt: As soon as the government passed legislation allowing humans to be genetically engineered and sold as pets, the rich and powerful rushed to own beautiful girls like Ella. Trained from birth to be graceful, demure, and above all, perfect, these family companions enter their masters homes prepared to live a life of idle luxury.
- Two Peas and Their Pod – I use this all the time. I think I’ve made 10 recipes out of here so far and each and every one has been incredible. This recipe book is on my stand at all times. I also LOVE her blog and instagram.
- Magnolia Table v2 – I know I’m not the only one who is dreaming of getting their hands on this one if they haven’t already.
- What’s Gabby Cooking – One of my close friends raves about how good this book is! It definitely looks delicious and like one I want!
- Graze – I love a good charcuterie board, I mean who doesn’t. This has a ton of small plates and meandering meals / All of these ideas are perfect for those get together (after coven i’m ready for it!) and any party!
What are some of your favorite recent reads or want-to-reads?
I loveeeeeee sitting down to a good book, or listening to one on my walk!