I’m trying to wrap my head around the fact that May is almost over because I feel like it just started. Some days have been full of good stuff and other days I’m just lacking motivation. I KNOW we keep talking about it but dang if it isn’t still happening. I don’t want to continue to use this un-known season as something that gives me the “ok” to just flounder. I am not one who is good at floundering and when I’m lacking motivation it really does mess with every aspect of my life.
So, to help bring my mind to a better place I have been doing daily/weekly brain dumps to help ease some stress and list things that have been good and things that I’m grateful for.
Gratitude can change your attitude and that is what I need to work on.
- Morning yoga videos. Getting up and stretching has been so good for my mind and body. (I shared some recent favorites here)
- I’ve been doing a handful of product shots for brands and it’s so much fun to flex those creative muscles.
- If you know me well you know that I love Harry Potter (as well as half the population haha). I’ve been re-listening to the books via audio books rented at the library (yay free!) and it’s so good to get lost in the story again.
- We are slowly opening up our circle of physical interaction and have been spending more time with my brother & sister in law. It’s been so nice to have that in-home time with other people!
- I’ve been having some back issues while sleeping and found this pillow to go under my knees. It’s made a world of difference when sleeping on my back.
- I’m super grateful for those moments of connection. Meeting up with someone for coffee or lunch or even a chat with a margarita in hand on the back porch has been a life saver.
- I started a new Bible Study with my friend Lyndsey recently and we just had our first virtual meeting to discuss our past week. Being able to have authentic conversations about Jesus and our walk with Him was really encouraging.
- Cooler spring weather lasted so much longer here this year and it was glorious because summer (which is basically 10 months out of the year) is the 7th ring of the sun.
- We’ve been doing a few house projects (isn’t everyone?) and I am so dang excited to get the office fully finished.
- I finally found a blush that I love again. I haven’t been able to find a pigmented blush that I love and this blush is it.
I would love to hear some of the good that has been going down in your life, tell me below! <3