It’s done! Well, ok it’s alllmooosstttt done. It’s completed enough where I am absolutely in love with it and am looking for finishing touches that will make it even more beautiful.
This room has come A LONG way and I am still so joyful every time I step inside. It feels brighter and cozier at the same time and brings a level of inspiration that was seriously lacking from the start. I spend a lot of time at the computer with my part time job and then doing blogging / photography work so having a space that stirs up creativity within me feels so good again.
The kittens also LOVE this room so I put a blanket on the flood under my desk that they curl up and snooze in while I’m working and other times they are romping around the room playing with all the bins and making ruckus. It’s the best.
LISTING PHOTO BELOW
Eddie worked really hard on getting out the old chair rail and it created a lot of damage on the wall (ugh!) and while the repair isn’t 100% perfect I think it looks amazing! I’ll fully admit that it took me a while to figure out how high I wanted the board and batten but once it was decided Eddie did an incredible job making all the cuts and getting it looking beautiful!
The paint really made the board and batten POP in a way that just made the room. Just as every other room upstairs the previous owner had this hideous yellow that just casted a grungy vibe all over the rooms and it takes multiple coats to cover it. BUT DANG DOES IT LOOK SO SO GOOD!!
- River Forest – BEHR – Top Paint Color
- Extra White – Sherwin Williams – Board & Batten Paint Color
- Curtains – World Market (discontinued) but found similar ones here
- Portrait of myself done by a street artist in Scotland
- Yoga Mat – Hands down this is the best yoga mat it’s thick and I don’t slip all over the place
- Yoga Blocks – I have these but would LOVE the cork ones
- Basket for Yoga stuff – found her
- White Shelf – Eddie built it
- Large dry erase board – Hobby Lobby
- Storage & File Cabinet – IKEA
- Salt Lamp – found here
- Deathly Hallows Bluetooth Speaker – Pottery Barn (discontinued)
- Moon light – found here
- Plug in pendant light – Target (discontinued)
- Desk – bought second hand
LEFT TO DO
- Put up lip on piece behind main door.
- Find some new wall art.
- Maybe put a chair in the corner?
Have you completed any new house projects recently?
I want to see/hear all about it!