It’s time for another Recent Recipe post!
My last one was in April (oops!) and since then I’ve still been trying out new recipes but haven’t really been capturing them to share, sorry! I’ve been going through ups and downs of being really excited to try new recipes or even take the time to cook some old favorites and other times where I really don’t feel like putting in any effort.
Can anyone else relate to that?
So today here are a few recent eats from the last two weeks that I remember to snap a photo of! As you’ll be able to tell I have been trying to re-limit the amount of animal meat products I eat and fill my body with more earth bound nutrients. I notice I feel less bloated, more full, and my skin clears up if I eat that way. I still eat meat but it’s normally once a day and not the main part of my dish!
This is such a super simple but filling meal to start your day off right! I just cook my oatmeal on the stove and add in some cinnamon to give it more flavor (you could also add in flax seed, protein powder, or collegen for more protein!). Then top it off with ALL these goodies! (I switch it out all the time with adding in sliced almonds, cacao nibs, walnuts, apples, etc)
I’m pretty much obsessed with Dave’s Killer Bread (the thin sliced options) because I can still get my taste of bread without all the guilt!
Slice One: Add on my tahini and black bean spread (recipe below) and the magic green sauce (found here!) on one side toped with an egg cooked with everything but the bagel seasoning.
Slice Two: Top that sucker with some Bitchin Sauce and the egg cooked with everything but the bagel seasoning and some mozzarella on top!
– Black Bean Tahini Spread –
1 can of black beans drained & rinsed – Mash in a bowl
Add in some tahini (maybe 1/4th a cup but really I just eyeball it)
A dash of fresh lemon juice
Salt, Paprika, Garlic powder and any other spices you want!
Can you tell I LOVE the black bean tahini spread & magic green sauce? I seriously eat it ALL the time (obviously).
I added it on top of another 2 slices of bread and topped it with kale microgreens (sooooo nutrient dense!) and tomatoes and a crack of salt!
I got this recipe from my new favorite recipe book, Meals That Heal, and while I was planning on making the polenta myself when I was at Trader Joes I saw that they had some already made with few ingredients that were still pretty clean so I snatched that up. I then roasted some broccoli, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes in a garlic olive oil with paprika and pan seared the polenta in slices and it was DELICIOUS!
Y’all, THESE ARE AMAZING! I can’t take credit for this recipe but I don’t know WHO to give credit to because it was a random recipe card I found while scrolling pinterest with no link back. It’s super simple so here is the recipe below. ((Let me also say that I modified it because I have a small food processor and had to lessen the amount of cashews/dates/oats. I also pre-chopped my dates before putting them in the processor))
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP
- 1 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 8 ounces pitted medijool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, plus 4 ounces more to melt overtop if desired
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a food processor, combine the cashews, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and oats. Plus until well combined & no large chunks of dates remain. If the dough seems dry, add in an extra tablespoon of coconut oil and a splash of water to bring the dough together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 19-20 tablespoon size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using the palm of your hand gently press down on each dough ball to flatten into circles. Transfer to freezer and freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, melt 4 ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt. Eat or let the chocolate begin to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Have you been eating anything lately that is on your current favorite list?! I wanna see alllllll your food posts!
Let me know if you like these types of posts!