Alright friends, today is the day.
I’ve put a lot of love into these gift guides so far and this post took A LOT of time to put together, but boy was it so fun. I started by compiling a list of some of my favorite local shops and realized that it was smaller than I wanted. I know Charleston has a thriving small business, maker, and creator market and I desired to get a really great list together to share with you today. I went into a few local groups and asked people to share the shops, makers, and brands they love that are local to Charleston, South Carolina.
This list is in no way comprehensive and I would LOVE to continue to add more to it as a guide for any time you are looking for a little something for someone you love! I hope you enjoy these shops and if you have favorites that aren’t on this list PLEASE share their name/link below in the comments so we can continue to spread the love!
This year, more than ever, shop local and small business to bring a smile to someone you care about.
- The Station – Reclaimed marketplace for 50 vendors crafters & artists. I love strolling through here finding hidden gems and giving something a 2nd life.
- Carolina Girls – So many beautiful items at this shop for anyone in your life and so many can be customized.
- Old Whaling Company – Homemade soaps, bath bombs, body butters, perfumes, salt scrubs, etc
- Eucalyptus Wellness – This is a two-for-one store that I absolutely love. It has a elixir & juice bar where you can go in and get coffee, bowls, and treats, but is also a fully functioning wellness center of vitamins, supplements, and body care.
- Bashful Boutique – Great shop for clothing and jewelry!
- Old Charleston Trading Company – Great furniture and trinkets!
- The Thrift-ory – If you know me you know I love a good thrift store. This one was just recommended and I can’t wait to check it out!
- French Mercantile – Ok Y’all I just went into this shop for the first time a few weeks ago and fell in love. It’s decorated so beautifully and you can tell they put their heart into curating items!
- Itinerant Literate Books – this is the cutest book store up in Park Circle and if you’re looking to gift a book to someone this year definitely make an appointment with them to look around!
- The Governor’s Wife Boutique – Shop for clothing & Accessories!
- Tweedle Beedle – The cutest kids store full of baby gear, toys, clothes, etc!
- Gullah Gourmet – I absolutely love all of their items. Talk about a great stocking stuffer or gift pairing (grits, cobbler ingredients, soup mix, etc)
- Charmed Beauty & Gifts – Thoughtfully curated gifts for every occasion.
- Roadside Blooms – Looking for a longer lasting gift, how about a plant? I love this shop for their variety of plants and they even carry other small gifts.
- StyleDwell Boutique – Another great shop for super cute clothing & accessories.
- Wildcraft – wildly effective skin care, clean beauty & wellness.
- If It’s Paper – GO HERE for all your wrapping needs! I was able to get the cutest Christmas bags, tissue paper, cards, and boxes. They also had some dang cute fabric bags to wrap gifts in! ((Also if you love making homemade treats they have SO MANY packaging options!))
- Straccio Rico – Artisan Boutique
- Outslide In – Another great place for parents and children! This indoor playground looks os so fun!
- Hausful – Need a little (or a lot) fo Scandinavian vibes in your life? This is the store – so many household items (and furniture!) to browse through!
- Cosmotique – great variety of gifts and skin care.
- HelixRealm – so many cute bracelets for stocking stuffers.
- Eclectic Finds – This is one of my favorite places to walk through. There are so many different booths offering different items that are perfect for everyone on your list!
- East Coast She Boutique – Online only but locally run!
- Plant Babe – This is one of my favorite local plant shops. The owner is so friendly and sooooo knowledgable. Definitely a fun shop to support.
- Pluff Mud Mercantile – This shop is full of so many gifts with that lowcountry flare!
- Cannonborough Collective – The cutest shop for clothing, bags, hats, jewelry, party goods, stationary, home goods, baby items, etc!
- BootJack – More than just shoes friends, so many good finds here!
- Captain’s Comics and Toys – Comics, Toys, Graphic Novels & More
FOOD & COFFEE
A few local favorites where you can pick up some gift cards for your friends and family or even grab some goodies.
- Annie O Love – All vegan and ALL delicious. I love her cookies, her cheesecake, her sammies, all of it. Get a gift card or get a tasty treat to drop off for a friend!
- Knockout Cookies – Legit some of my favorite cookies ever. They take orders on Sunday and you can pick up on Wednesdays (they also deliver if you aren’t local). Trust me, get some of these for your friends!
- Burrell & Flynns Coffee – OBSESSED with this coffee joint. My go-to order is their White Rabbit with oat milk and a protein ball and don’t forget a brownie. WHICH leads me to….
- Upper Crust Brownies – Their brownies are incredible and are sold at Burrell & Flynns and you can also order them on etsy right here.
- Obstinate Daughter – So 100% truth I haven’t been here but so many of my friends rave about it. Definitely the perfect place for a gift card to give to someone for a nice meal out!
- Swank Desserts – Ok let me tell you the truth if you have self control you can get gifts from here! Go in and get some macaroons or a chocolate chip cookie sandwich and save it in your fridge a few days before gifting!
- R Kitchen – This is another on my would-love-to-go list. It’s not a restaurant but an experience and the menu changes daily.
- Sight See Shop – A little shop of local discovery and coffee. Seriously this place is another I want to go through so dang bad.
- Charleston Spice Company – I absolutely love walking through this shop and getting some incredible spices to help flavor everything.
- Little Southern Bakes – Ummmm yes please! Her granola, butters all look so so yummy!
- Molly & Me Pecans – These are so so yummy and can be ordered online and shipped directly to you! She is also in a lot of local stores.
- Edisto Gold Honey – OH. MY. GOODNESS. This honey is SO GOOD, so is the bee pollen. Plus we met the farmer whose farm holds the bees at a local market and he was super nice. Trust me, this honey is worth every cent!
- Callies Hot Little Biscuits – Need I say more? These are so dang yummy and if you’re ever in town you’ve got to go by their shop and try alllll their combinations!
- Southern Keep – jams, pickles, pickled relish, chow chow!
- Black Bird Market – This is another spot where I love to go grab local goodies, prepared food (their tomato pie is incredible), or a quick grab for lunch/dinner.
- St. Honore Pastry – Truffle Boxes & so many other yummy goodies!
- The Restored Board – You want to talk about some incredible wood boards for serving, cutting, and gift giving – these are it!
- Fields & King – These are locally curated gift boxes that are filed with local Charleston products. Sounds like a win win in my book!
- Sugarbush Home – Love these wooden signs for around the home.
- Grit & Grace Studio – Ok, her oyster shell designs are just amazing. I especially love her candles and the salt and pepper!
- Studio Caroline – Her art work is so vivacious and fun.
- Rosie The Wanderer – She has such beautiful Macrame pieces (this one, this one and this one).
- Yoloha Yoga – If you’re looking for some good yoga classes / accessories / tools this is your space to go!
- Charleston Candle Company – Not only am I obsessed with their branding but their products are true quality! (PS they have everything from candles, room sprays, mugs)
- RD Naturals – LOVE this local elderberry syrup, gummies & drops! We are all about some elderberry in our household (especially now) and you can buy directly off their website or find them in other local shops!
- A Love Photography – Yes a little shameless plug for my photography business! I’m here for any of your portrait needs!
- The Tiny Tassel – Brightly colored tassel jewelry, accessories, & garments…do I need to say more?!
- The Black Fedora – This was where Eddie & I went on our first official date. Get someone a giftcard to go to a live interactive play!
- Pin and Party Co – Curated gift boxes.
- Sunwoven Studio – OOOO friends, this shop has so many beautiful handmade wall hanging items and other incredible goodies!
- Blue Bear Pottery – SOOOO many lovey items to choose from!
- Charms Of Charleston Tours – Looking for a great gift for a new Charleston resident or even a tried and true local who loves history. Book a tour to see our beautiful city through new eyes.
- Erika Lynn – So many cute clutches, totes, sandals, accessories, etc.
- Motherland Essentials – Great shop for any and all of your skincare needs.
- Fer Caggiano Art – Local artist with Charleston totes, scarves, mugs, puzzles, etc!
If you have any shops / brands/ restaurants / etc that aren’t on this list please comment them below!
Let’s share the small business & local love!