I’ve had so many people check in and ask how life is going and y’all there isn’t too much to report but I’ve found that sometimes just writing down a brain dump always helps to just throw out a lot of information in the quickest way haha.
- Motherhood is going really well. It’s hard and I can loose myself a lot and most days I just feel like we’re going through the same routine (aka Groundhog Day) so it can feel mundane. Life looks really different now (obviously) so I have found that I’ve lost a lot of “Amy” in the process of becoming a mom BUT I know that she will show back up.
- We are waiting to find out where the Navy sends Eddie next. We are hoping for GA because then I’ll be able to stay in SC part time and we wouldn’t have to go through a whole move. If not GA then we are keeping our fingers crossed for the East Coast to just stay close to family.
- Health – Eddie and I have been eating much more strict lately and have been trying to move our bodies more so that we can loose all the weight we’ve gained. We both want to be as healthy and strong as possible to be around for Ford as long as God allows. I’m still struggling with it all and it’s a LONG process but I know that we’ve got to keep going because my body currently hurts so much from all the extra weight.
- Home – I’m working on trying to simplify things before whatever our next step is with moving/not moving. I’m doing a slow purge here and there that will ramp up as the months go on. I’m thumbing through this book right now and am really trying to be mindful of lessening our waste, using what we have, shopping second hand vs buying brand new for everything, cooking certain staples vs buying, etc. It’s such a great resource to have in your house to learn more about how to be more self sufficient with cleaning/cooking/resources/etc.
- I just updated my “shop” pages with new links of things we’ve purchased/loved/etc. So if you’re looking to browse around you can head up to the top of the page and click under “shop my favorites” or just click here. 🙂
- I spend way too much time browsing FB Marketplace, it’s true – just ask Eddie.
- I am TRYING to get better about heading upstairs to our room to read at 9pm, closing the book at 930 and trying to fall asleep by 10 – butttt we just started Stranger Things and it’s made that really hard to follow 🙂
- I’m already making plans for Ford’s FIRST birthday (insert sobbing face). I can’t believe it’s soooo close (he turns 10 months this week). No dang clue where the time has gone but goodness gracious it’s crazy how fast it’s gone.
- I’m also ahead on looking at what we are going to all be for Halloween. It’s going to be so fun to have a little costume family of 3 🙂
- I miss blogging and hope to put up at least 2 posts a month even if it’s jut a check in post and sharing what I’m currently loving / reading / listening to or whatever. It’s always fun for me to look back over the years and see how my life was going.
I think that’s a good little list for right now 😉
I would love to know how YOU are doing, anything new? I miss so many of you in this blog world. <3
One comment on “Life Updates”
We’re planning our Halloween costumes now too!!! It’s funny as the girls get older and have more opinions! But I think we have some good ideas to get together. And yes on the time flying! I am planning my FOUR YEAR OLD’s birthday party!! How is she so big?!?1