I was recently talking to a friend about how important supporting small business really is.
We’ve definitely become a society with everything at our fingertips. I mean the amount of times I open up my amazon app and search something is a little jarring when I’m actually mindful of it. This season I’m really trying to keep up the “mindfulness” of shopping local & small business for gifts for others. I know that the older I get the less I want/need and I don’t want to add “more stuff” to someone else’s plate. I would rather be able to get them something useful or an experience vs something that just becomes filler.
Back in 2020 I made two similar posts for shopping small businesses if you’re interested in even more ideas / shopping! I would definitely encourage you to look around your local town and see what businesses are there that can use your support!
Gift Guide – Charleston, SC Edition
Gift Guide – Etsy Edition
- The Restored Board – This is a couple I actually went to school with and they are just AMAZING at all they do. I’ve got 2 cutting boards of theirs and constantly drool over every single thing they put out. Truly a must-have for your kitchen in my opinion.
- Mojo Provo – LOVE this bookish shop, especially their wizard line! Such beautiful clothing that is fun for that book-loving person in your life.
- Floof Couture – Ok this is a splurge but it’s sooooo cozy! It’s like the perfect cozy curl up spot for a nap or reading a book or even to just watch tv.
- Earthley – Do you have a woo-woo loving friend (or you’re that person!) who tries to reach for a more holistic approach to medicine first before western medicine. Then you’ll love Earthley, they have tinctures for basically everything, immune powders, electrolyte powder, etc. To be honest I use so many of their products but use these three every single day: Nourish Her Naturally, Good Night Lotion, & Lunamore (for my cycle). My little apothecary just keeps growing with each purchase I get from them (and other companies) (more links below)
- Pine & Party Box – A box for any season / need / celebration for someone you love! They are local to Charleston and their “Taste Of The South” is just a tasty looking box!
- Unban Decor – This shop makes stunning plaques for all different things in your life. Think business names, home address, bathroom signs, etc. If you know someone who has an eclectic style or loves that historic style this would be right up their alley!
- Amanda Dear – Necklaces, earrings, and dainty jewelry. I really like her earrings!
- Mindwood Market – I love that this shop has already made boxes! So you don’t even have to figure out multiple items, it’s already done for you! Their Christmas Self Care box is a perfect gift idea!
- Elizas Essential Shop – I love all of her fabric choices for her heat / cool lavender packs that you can use in the day to day for headaches, aches & pain, etc.
- Mori Ceramics – Who doesn’t love a beautiful and functional ceramic? All of her mugs are so beautiful and there are so many different styles for so many different people.
- Our Heritage Co – Beautiful banners with scripture based wording which is perfect for any corner of your home or as a gift of encouragement to a friend.
- Metal Racks – Perfect gifts for any Essential Oil lovers in your life. They make great holders for essential oil storage (especially their magnetic ones).
- Marky Baby Milk Jewelry – Know a breastfeeding / pumping mama? This is the PERFECT gift for them! You send some of your breastmilk to the company and they make beautiful jewelry with it to remember that season of life.
- Fedeli – Yup had to promote my little small shop on Etsy. I’ve got downloadable/printable organizational charts for deployment, photography client sessions, blog post planners, and home paint colors. I’m also going to be adding more fun things this holiday season!
- Sarah’s Silks – Open-ended imagination play silk toys that are just so beautifully made, timeless, and you can use in so many ways.
- Brave Little Ones – I absolutely LOVE their bamboo jammies for babies/toddlers but also for women! They also have toddler shits, trucker hats, swim trunks, etc. Super cute small business that I love to support!
- Good Evas – Climbing Sets / Climbing furniture. We got a climbing arch and slide/ladder combo for Ford and oh my gosh it’s been a HUGE hit! I love their prices and the quality is incredible.
- Harbor + Sprout – Any Homeschool families out there? This company is amazing. While Ford is way too young for school I see the benefit of knowing good companies to support and get things from to grow my little stash for when he is older to help him learn while he is home. While we haven’t decided on home schooling, this is perfect for weekend projects/learning for any little ones/school age kids.
- Moss & Fawn – We LOVE this forage feeder for Ford (and it makes a great gift for anyone who is pregnant / has a little one). It’s been perfect for teething, introducing solids/new flavors, and to not waste purees in those beginning days. You can also get their freezing tray to freeze those purees for hot days / teething / a treat.
- Playful Linen – If you’ve got little ones who love to play dress up you’ve got to check out their bonnets (like the lion / bear / fox ).
If you’re looking to add some more homeopathic options to your medicine cabinet for the new year I would highly recommend Earthley. I’ve been using their products for about a year now and have been so impressed with how it’s helped to round out so many areas of my life. If you choose to purchase you can use the links directly below and at check out if you choose “Amy Murray” on the drop down menu I’ll get a small commission! EVEN IF I didn’t get a commission I promise I would recommend these!
My most used are:
I also reached out to y’all on my instagram for any small shops you have / love to support so I’ll be including those below!
- Three Wood Shop – Montessori style toys for children (made in the Ukraine!)
- Mama Makes Yarn – Rachel makes BEAUTIFUL heirloom quality crochet goods. She will be having custom snuggles, ornaments, and other goodies this season!
- My Little Songbird – Heirloom toys for the little ones in your life.
- Erin Vaughn – An artist who makes beautiful prints and has a gorgeous National Park Calendar.
- Indie Lane Handmade – Quality and beautiful handmade headbands.
- Mindful Renewal – Handmade products out of Pendleton fabric.
- Urban Organics – They have beautiful (and clean!) beauty products
PS – some of these links are affiliate links so I will get a small commission if you use the link to purchase. Thanks for helping to support our household with using these links as well, thank you!