Occupation: Blogger & Photographer
Loves: Jesus, my husband, chocolate anything, kombucha, meaningful conversation, Shadow & Loki (our new kittens) and the late tobi (our old man cat) among many other things.
Hometown: Charleston, SC
I’m Amy and I’m the girl behind the blog.
Hikes, mountains, movies, and deep conversations are my jam!
I’m a combination of spazz, softness, laughter, and brashness.
I love exploring new areas and seeing all of the beautiful people & things this world has to offer – which is hilarious if you knew me 5 years ago! I struggle with anxiety and am a weird face maker and over talker.
I recently married the love of my life and have now entered the journey of a military spouse. Life is about to become a whole new adventure!
Won’t you join me?
I love stories.
For as long as I can remember I’ve loved getting lost in a book or conversation with someone. Connecting all the fractions of each event to create this beautiful glowing web of a situation…it’s just lovely.
A Loved Life started as a place to keep track of my story under the name Taking Steps Home.
Sharing house and life projects with my little circle of family and friends and as the years have bled together – meeting some of the most amazing individuals and hearing some incredible stories.
A Loved Life is now a place that feels like a second skin.
It’s sharing new chapters, fears, joys, and adventures.
It’s a place to connect with each of you and with amazing brands.
It’s a slice of home when you’re feeling homesick.
This is my place to capture stories.
Won’t you join me in getting lost in the words.
10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME
- I love Jesus. I don’t live a perfect life and mess up often, but dang if I don’t love Jesus and what all He has done for me.
- I’m a total Enneagram 8 wing 7 (sometimes 9, but that’s rare) and a Type-A personality. It’s real y’all, the struggle is real.
- I’m a military spouse which doesn’t define me but does play a lot into the day to day life.
- If you have a cat I’ll probably be drawn to you more than others mainly so I can get to know your feline friend. 😉 I mean, I’ll love you too!
- I seriously LOVE organizing and decorating. You couldn’t tell the organization part by some of the rooms in my house where things don’t have a home, but I love it. I also love cleaning.
- I lost both of my parents while I was in High School. Dad passed away right before my freshman year and Mom passed away during my junior year. If you’re curious you can read more here.
- Mountain air brings refreshment to my soul & I dream of owning a mountain house
- I’ve had many dreams of a job over life so far (and have done many!) and am still seeing what is to come (youth pastor, photographer, blogger, interior decorator, author, public speaker, physical trainer)
- I have an addiction to Kombucha. It’s just so dang good.
- I will choose a burger over alcohol every day. EVERY. DAY.
SOME OF MY FAVORITE POSTS
- Homestead Before & Afters*
- Recent Recipes
- Back In My Hometown
- Our Sunroom
- We can not allow a season to be come a sentence.
- God’s Faithfulness Through Singleness.
A Loved Life is a for profit blog.
I make money in a few different ways using the blog – working with brands for sponsored posts, affiliates, and photography.
I pride myself on only accepting sponsored items that I truly support and would recommend, I promise you’ll always get an honest review from me.
If I am ever being paid for a blog post, it will be disclosed within the post that it is sponsored and any gifted items will be marked using %.
I am participant in a handful of different affiliate advertising programs which means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on my site or any related social media platforms (including facebook, instagram, pinterest, twitter) I will make a commission from that click and/or purchase.