Ever since our son was little we have desired to have reading be a big part of his life.
In reading you can explore worlds, make friends, meet new people, learn lessons, and so much more. I want every season to be filled with hope and wonder and when he needs to escape I hope he cracks the spine of a book and flips through the pages of some great story. May his bookshelves never run empty.
🎄 Christmas time is here. 🎄
We’ve been slowly building up his Christmas book collection and I wanted to share some of our current favorites with you. Lately I’m all about shopping a book secondhand or being gifted one vs buying brand new; as so many used books have so much life left in them. I’ve become a massive fan of ThriftBooks which is essentially an online thrift bookstore. If you use this link and spend $30 you’ll get a free book credit (and so will I) so feel free to add to cart 😉 haha
I also wanted to share that you can also support your local (or another local) Independent Bookstore online if you don’t want to go wander through the aisles yourself. Head on over to Bookshop.org and you can go to the top right and “choose your bookstore” and scroll by state!
- The Mitten | by: Jan Brett
- Silent Night | by: Lara Hawthorne
- 12 Days Of Christmas | by: Lara Hawthorne
- A Christmas Goodnight | by: Nola Buck
- The Polar Express | by: Chris Van Allsburg
- Little Red Sleigh | by: Erin Gluendelsberger
- Elf | by: Kim Smith
- The Christmas Baby | by: Stephanie Longfoot and Ann Ricketts
Other books on our wish list
- The Snow Lion | by: Jim Helmore
- The Tiny Star | by: Art Ginolfi
- Mortimer’s Christmas Manger | by: Karma Wilson
- Pick A Pine Tree | by: Patricia Toht
- All Creation Waits The Advent Mystery of New Beginnings for Children | by: Gayle Boss